• Established in 1991. Started development of one of the world’s first native 3D structural analysis and design programs, which is based on FEA methods.
• Axis-3D was offered as a DOS program. Axis 3D version 1,2,3 and 4 followed.
• In 1997, the product name was changed to AxisVM. The new Windows program allowed structural and mechanical engineers a complete Visual Modeling software package that rapidly became known as ’..the easiest to use and the easiest to learn...’. English, Hungarian, and Romanian languages were available, and the first sales internationally started.
• In 1999, AxisVM 5 was released which increased speed and capacity in the program. German language was added.
• In 2000, the AxisVM 6 became the first structural engineering software to enter into the BIM workflow. At the time the Virtual Building concept was developed by Graphisoft ArchiCAD which is now known as BIM. Later in the year, a co-development agreement was made with StaDATA of Italy, adding considerably to the software production of the company. Italian language was available.
• In 2002, Technosft Bv., a Netherlands software company also became a co-development partner and the Dutch language was offered. AxisVM users were found in 9 countries.
• By 2005, AxisVM users were working in English, Hungarian, Dutch, German, Romanian, and Italianand Spanish languages, in 17 countries. During the year, the BIM concept had replaced the many legacy programs like Virtual Building, and AxisVM 8, included the international IFC format to propel the growth of BIM modeling as needed by structural engineers.
• From 2006 until 2012, the company had added more international partners and the now well-known AxisVM software was in use in more than 25 countries. Czeck, Slovak, French, Serbian, Portuguese and Polish languages were available. In 2007, AxisVM 8 offered an Open API package for outside developers. AxisVM 10, released in 2010 expanded the API package that provided a full platform for 3rd party developers.
• In 2013, AxisVM will become the first structural software to open a Structural APP store, with 3rd party software programs available to all users. AxisVM 12 will be released including the ever growing list of features, capabilities,
and functions that are delivered by the 45+ developers and partners. More than 4500 users of the software continue to contribute on the highest level to the growth, safety, and demands of the AEC industry.